18 August 2008

Unbelievable!

Can you believe that NBC would actually question an American athlete's pride in his country and whether or not it is "cool" to say so?!?!?!

Kobe Bryant (USA Olympics basketball team member): "Well, you know it’s just our country, it’s… we believe is the greatest country in the world. It has given us so many great opportunities, and it’s just a sense of pride that you have; that you say ‘You know what? Our country is the best!"

Chris Collinsworth (NBC Jackass): "Is that a ‘cool’ thing to say, in this day and age? That you love your country, and that you’re fighting for the red, white and blue? It seems sort of like a day gone by."

Maybe it never occurred to this dimwitted buffoonish jackass that most Americans don't care if the elites think pride in country is "cool." Collingsworth should try residing in China for a year. We'll then ask him to define "cool" for us.

Read this unbelievable story here.

3 comments:

mannie said...

Richard,

For an interesting counterpoint, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBnF08Xn06g

Mannie

Richard G. Williams, Jr. said...

Thanks Mannie.

Charles said...

I watched this as well. I thought that Kobe Bryant was exceptional with his answers throughout the interview honestly.

Before seeing that I had fairly neutral feelings for him, I didn't especially like him but I certainly didn't have anything against him.

Now though, I can with absolute certainty that I am a Kobe Bryant fan. I wish him luck in whatever he does in the future.